My feet to go. My heart to love. Mine eyes to see and know. My ears to hear. My hands to serve. My life to Thee I owe. Your Word O God, write upon my heart, My mouth, may it always speak - the Truth about Your Love and Power - that all may see and know. All of me devoted to His call - Romanced by the greatest Lover of all.

Sunday, July 02, 2006

new friends - new beginnings - new experiences

Derek, Ben,Christy, Annie & Sarah racing down Prez's Hill.
Group shot, hiking the Bluffs.
Mr. Frog...we found him on our journey down the bluffs and Derek was nice enough to pick him up for a photo-op.
Sarah, Ben, Derek...and far away is Devern.
Mr. Thoughtful...Devern. (He posed like this by the way.)
Sarah from Guatemala....got spun around and flew down the hill.
Derek stood up for about .06 seconds after this photo was taken and then he was toast.
Me about to fly onto the grass...LOOK OUT!!!!!!
Ben, finally giving into peer-pressure and deciding it was okay to get wet.
Getting creative and going as a group of 5...Derek,Sarah,Annie, Christy & Ben.
We all made it to the bottom.

So, being on campus again was fantastic. It was a joy to get to know about 10 of my future classmates. When we all arrived, we were all pretty shy and doing our own thing, but after lunch on day 1 we all bonded and had some crazy fun together. I talked with Tanya and had a blast and also met her husband Jonathan who is very nice as well. We played softball vs. the staff...and I had to pitch, which was fun, but somehow we managed to tie the staff and apparently that's never happened before...the staff always wins..oh yes and the game was called because it started to rain. I met Rev. Starks who also coaches women's softball and I'm going to play for him in September. (I'm very excited for this!)
After softball we went back to BBC and went slip-n-slidin'. Ate a BBQ lunch. Went to Chapel. Played Capture the Flag. Testimony time. Roasted hot dogs n' smores down by the river and fellowshiped.
On morning two we ate a hearty breakfast...mom and I trekked to Tim's...met with Rev. Lee. It's going to be an absolute joy to work with him over the next few years. Then we packed picnic lunches and headed to the Bluffs.

Praise the Lord for new friends.

Adventures.
Fun.
Fellowship.
His grace, mercy & love, new each day.
For leading me into uncharted, unknown territory and telling me He's got plans, so trust Him.
I can't wait for September.
What a privilege it will be to attend BBC beside the man I love, in the company of loving fellow Christians!

6 comments:

God Is Love said...

hehe...I SO want to go and visit you there.. BY MYSELF! :P :)

Love ya Sis!

-Sherri

Debbie said...

I'm happy for you Christy! Looks like you had fun and met some really nice people... Slip n slide is great fun and apparently a great ice breaker too... love ya!

Rachelle said...

Wow...how I love BBC.

I wish that I was supposed to go there, but alas, I am not.

I am happy that you had an amazing time! And I'm happy that you didn't break any limbs on the slip 'n' slide!

Love you & miss you,
Rachelle

Rachelle said...

Whoa, wait a second. Is that John Sherwood? I haven't seen him in ages!

christy said...

John who?

Anonymous said...

that was a lot of fun!! Have fun in the fall Christy!! Love Mom