My feet to go. My heart to love. Mine eyes to see and know. My ears to hear. My hands to serve. My life to Thee I owe. Your Word O God, write upon my heart, My mouth, may it always speak - the Truth about Your Love and Power - that all may see and know. All of me devoted to His call - Romanced by the greatest Lover of all.

Monday, June 18, 2007

happy father's day thought

I have a great Daddy, and to bless his special day I wanted to bake him a cake. If words could describe what an adventure baking this cake was, I'd share them, but for now I chuckle at the thought someone else has been in my shoes and felt the same way before.

Father's day was cloudy and filled with raging thunderstorms...a great opportunity to be mindful of our dear Heavenly Father, and I decided to go for a stroll in the pouring rain. I brought along my music player and as the rain poured down my face I listened to the words of Butterfly Kisses. A verse I never knew existed in the song was treasured by my heart today and caused me to chuckle. "I know the cake looks funny Daddy, but I sure tried..."

Though I'm 19, I know you still see me as 3. Though I'm in college, I know you still remember my 1st day of preschool. Though I've had a driver's license for nearly 4 years, you gave me my first taste of the roads the day you pulled my training wheels off and cleaned up my scrapes and bruises when I fell. First grade brought us to the Father-daughter dance, my first and best date to a dance ever...though prom is more recent, we know to you it's all the same. You taught my how to mow the lawn, change my oil and put air in my car tires. You attended every chorus and band concert, soccer game and event...you were always a Dad first, before work, before rest, before anything that involved taking time away from your three girls and beautiful wife (Mom). Thanks Dad for raising the standard for men in our lives, and for showing us every day how important a Daddy's love, discipline, and teachings really are. Love you Dad!


Happy Father's Day Daddy!

No comments: