My feet to go. My heart to love. Mine eyes to see and know. My ears to hear. My hands to serve. My life to Thee I owe. Your Word O God, write upon my heart, My mouth, may it always speak - the Truth about Your Love and Power - that all may see and know. All of me devoted to His call - Romanced by the greatest Lover of all.

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

wonder

flashes of lightening
rolls of thunder
darkened clouds coat the horizon adjacent to the pastel blue sky
neighbors they are both sharing the sky
clouds by the dozen thickening in the sky
rumbles and raindrops shake the air
lilacs perfume the sky as a warm wind sweeps through the air

how I love early summer evenings of thunderstorms...
how my mind travels to a far away place of peace and wonder at the crack of the clouds...
like a curious child I stand before the mightly clouds...
waiting...
Lord sometimes I feel like my life fills up with darkened rumbling thunder clouds and in Your might You rage in Your glory and fill me with greater wonder of who You are.
I find myself lost in You...
Each day I feel newer parts of my hearts to be given to You.
You overwhelm me with breath and refresh my soul.

Thunders rage and roar.
Bolts flash and crackle wildly as You fill my heart with great laughter and joy.

Parts of this Psalm struck my heart the other day: "3 The voice of the Lord echoes above the sea. The God of glory thunders.4 The Lord thunders over the mighty sea. The voice of the Lord is powerful, the voice of the Lord is majestic.7 The voice of the Lord strikes with bolts of lightning." -Psalm 29

what a neat example/picture for us to think about when we consider the voice of the Lord...thunderstorms cause me great wonder.

how Mighty is our God?! He is so good!

No comments: