My feet to go. My heart to love. Mine eyes to see and know. My ears to hear. My hands to serve. My life to Thee I owe. Your Word O God, write upon my heart, My mouth, may it always speak - the Truth about Your Love and Power - that all may see and know. All of me devoted to His call - Romanced by the greatest Lover of all.

Friday, June 22, 2007

Jesus, the lawn nome???

Last night I asked the Lord to open my eyes so I might see Him in all things...

I got bit by a spider this afternoon...and was quite disturbed that it bit me not on the arm or leg or some other fairly acceptable place...IT BIT ME ON MY HIP. Yes, my hip. What makes it worse is that it was beneath where my jeans rest on my hip, and I only noticed it when it started to itch. I checked to see what was so itchy and beheld a fearful sight. My Dad wondered how it bit me there...I told him I chose not to dwell on that thought for the possibilities were far too disturbing for me to even consider. Ick!

Farther along in the story Dad thought the spider might be poisonous or something and was wondering why I'm the only person in this house who sees...and now gets bit by spiders. The only thing I could think of was how much I wanted to exercise as the thought of poison pumping through my veins faster as my heart beat picked up passed through my mind. Nice, right? So what did I do? I did what any other 'invincible until He calls me home' young woman would do...

I went on a bike ride this evening...pumping with all my might up hill after hill...my old purple mountain bike from the 6th grade, far to small for my now much longer legs, doggie chewed handles and all...I rode, and I rode and I rode.

A soft wind blew in my face as I listened to some tunes on my music player. I felt thankful for the peace the Lord has brought to my life over these past few months. The trees swayed in an almost enchanting way as lupins painted a breathtaking rainbow of color across the landscape. Glancing across an old country rode, I saw the humungous clouds building upon one another and their dark, grumbling colors swirling together letting all know they possessed a storm somewhere far above us. The sun shined brilliantly, warmly as the chilly wind kissed my face. What an amazing evening bike ride it was.

I had an amazing chat with the Lord and as my ride neared its last mile or so, I glanced at someones yard and what my eyes beheld caused me to chuckle...there He was...or an image of sorts of Him. 'Jesus, the lawn nome' rang out in my mind before I had the ability to think anything else. Smack in the middle of someone's garden stood a lawn nome Jesus.

I don't quite understand what in particular struck me as being funny about this...all I know is this evening, I truly saw Him in all things around me...even a lawn nome.

How I love joying in and with the Lord. :)

1 comment:

swITCHFUTgUY said...

you and spiders are bffs :P