My feet to go. My heart to love. Mine eyes to see and know. My ears to hear. My hands to serve. My life to Thee I owe. Your Word O God, write upon my heart, My mouth, may it always speak - the Truth about Your Love and Power - that all may see and know. All of me devoted to His call - Romanced by the greatest Lover of all.

Friday, June 29, 2007

a rainbow

I went for a bike ride tonight with my Mom and we got caught up in a storm. This was no ordinary storm however, for the sun was beaming brightly, brilliantly in our eyes. The temperature dropped a few degrees, and slowly, the thick yellow rain clouds illuminated by the setting sun began to sweep toward us. A few drops began to pelt our faces and before we knew it the wind was causing most of our pedaling efforts to be quite useless and it started to rain much heavier....it was however, a lovely workout. :)

Eventually I reached was seemed to be the end of the rain storm and looked back to see Mom almost caught up...my eyes beheld a sight so grand, so brilliant, so breathtaking, it made me smile....a rainbow....towered above the town and in my own opinion, we had ridden our bikes right through the middle of it. ( It even became a double-full rainbow! Beautiful!)

You see, one great thing about rainbows is once you see one, and it appears you're quite near it....there is virtually no escaping from it. You always feel like you're quite near that rainbow when in fact you could be quite far from it.

I love that rainbows always bring the reminder to my heart of God's faithful promises...and His beckoning to trust Him in the flood, to trust Him with new beginnings, open waters,and the unknown.

How did Noah do it? I haven't a clue. Let's just say I think I am quite thankful to see rainbows on a bicycle rather than a gigantic ark.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Four nights in a row I've walked and to the left the sky is blue and beautiful to the left dark and gray... in the middle a beautiful rainbow... very cool... Oh I deleted my myspace.... it was time :) I'll probably blog on here again from time to time... who knows! I love you!

The Ramos Family said...

Christy, We had a lot of fun at the picnic too...thanks so much for inviting us. See you today for Manny's party!