My feet to go. My heart to love. Mine eyes to see and know. My ears to hear. My hands to serve. My life to Thee I owe. Your Word O God, write upon my heart, My mouth, may it always speak - the Truth about Your Love and Power - that all may see and know. All of me devoted to His call - Romanced by the greatest Lover of all.

Sunday, August 27, 2006

a letter

At a small family gathering this afternoon, my aunt handed me an envelope. Inside this envelope was a card and within the card a letter. The letter was her prayer for me and my soon coming adventures at Bible college. This paragraph spoke life and encouragement to me:

"Trust Him, even when He only takes you one hour or one day at a time. Trust Him when He is quiet and heed Him when He speaks in the still small voice. When you are not sure of something wait. Wait as long as He will have you wait, knowing His plans for your future are good."

This passage in the my aunt's letter lit my heart with joy, reminding me of Christ's love and sovereign plan as the sweet words of Jeremiah 29:11 danced in my heart :

"For I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. "-Jeremiah 29:11 NLT

God is unfailingly good and His promises never fail. His plans for each of us are good, with a hope and a future. Entering this season of change, I'm ready for the Lord to stretch me, break me and use me to light the world with His love, peace and joy.


May my life be an example of Your love Awesome Father. May my words, thoughts and actions speak life to a dark world. I trust Your plans Lord and I know You have planned much good, with a future and hope. I will wait on You...Use me Lord!

No comments: