My feet to go. My heart to love. Mine eyes to see and know. My ears to hear. My hands to serve. My life to Thee I owe. Your Word O God, write upon my heart, My mouth, may it always speak - the Truth about Your Love and Power - that all may see and know. All of me devoted to His call - Romanced by the greatest Lover of all.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

soft whispers






I'm sure to many, these are just a bunch of silly pictures of the sky...and perhaps not even great ones at that. However, to me, they are boundless opportunity, carefully planned, brilliantly painted, every swivel and whisp. Secretly constructed, selflessly shared, lovingly displayed...to radiate, not even a grain of sand worth of the beauty our Creator awaits to display for us in Heaven.

This vacation is coming to a close, and perhaps my favorite part of the entire trip were the many moments, in the car, at breakfast, on the beach, riding a train, that the Lord just spoke to me...crossing many states, hundreds of miles, and diverse terrain, God was there. He never once left me, or went on vacation...He was there. He is here with me. As I begin to wind down from this adventurous and very testing/growing/challenging and unforgettable season in my life, I find God pursuing me more and more to TRUST TRUST TRUST...and because I am a daughter of the King, and because He loves me so, so, so...He knows that I need to hold His hand and take baby steps. In about a week...this season ends and in that same still moment, another begins. My sweetheart returns, to a girl who has been broken, strengthened, stretched, and forever changed.

The verse that came to my mind as I began allowing my fingers to tap tap, away was 1 Kings 19:11-12 ""Go out and stand before me on the mountain," the LORD told him. And as Elijah stood there, the LORD passed by, and a mighty windstorm hit the mountain. It was such a terrible blast that the rocks were torn loose, but the LORD was not in the wind. After the wind there was an earthquake, but the LORD was not in the earthquake. And after the earthquake there was a fire, but the LORD was not in the fire. And after the fire there was the sound of a gentle whisper."

He is gentle, kind, comforting, and oh, so powerful.

Last night as I crawled into a bed not belonging to me, only borrowed for a short time, a whisper came, Isaiah 26... Opening the loose pages of my Bible, I read, thus coming upon another great promise: "You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on you! Trust in the LORD always, for the LORD GOD is the eternal Rock."

How fitting for my Heavenly Father to promise me His peace, as all of my insides bubble with excitement at the mere thought of beholding my beloved, of jumping in his arms and being swung around, in a moment only possible by the grace of God, and my mind jumps from thought to worry, to-do-lists and plans, plans, plans. My thoughts, must be fixed on Him...after all, someone once said, "God doesn't have a lot of 'have tos'. 'Have tos' aren't freedom." He is my Rock and my firm Foundation. He is my Hope, my everlasting Prince of Peace. Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom, and the Spirit lives in me...so pretty much, "forget about the have to's Christy. God is in control!"

I'm thankful that my eyes have been unveiled to the the gorgeous sky, the wonder, the promise, the plans, not mine...Tis' so sweet to trust in Jesus, just to take Him at His word...

I rest...and dance with glee, for the joy of the Lord is my strength. He fills every need, every desire...and I shall not want. :) "I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit." -Romans 15:8

Be blessed my dear friends!!!

4 comments:

God Is Love said...

OOO! Those are beautiful! :)

Love Ya!
Sherri

Brown-eyed Girl said...

Christy that last picture looks like a shaded cross over the water. How amazing! The cross is at the base of the ball of light (also known as the sun I think). Ha ha. It is truly beautiful! Love ya, Mom

christy said...

Wow, mom, thanks for pointing that out..what a blessing! God is so good...all the time!

Anonymous said...

Nice Pictures,

Already missing you.........and you are still here..........

Love You, Daddy