My feet to go. My heart to love. Mine eyes to see and know. My ears to hear. My hands to serve. My life to Thee I owe. Your Word O God, write upon my heart, My mouth, may it always speak - the Truth about Your Love and Power - that all may see and know. All of me devoted to His call - Romanced by the greatest Lover of all.

Thursday, August 17, 2006

...Your promises never fail me...

It's amazing how sometimes we get so caught up in being a "Christian" that we neglect the precious treasure of being intimate with the Lord. A situation arises and instantly our minds set to work plotting out the situation and picturing the hours we'll inevitably have to spend on our knees, bawling over our opened Bibles, scribbling notes...just so He'll hear us. (That's so wrong, because every situation doesn't have to be a fight to find rest in Him. Sometimes all we must do is come.)

Last night the Lord showed me His desire to be intimate with me. He's my friend. He is mindful of me and at the very moment my heart begins to break, He surrounds me in His loving arms. "I am your friend. Sing to me," He says. We don't have to pout and pound the floor for God to hear us. He knows and when we reach for Him, He is there in an instant. He asks no questions -- He knows all the answers. He just loves and with a special kiss, He promises, He is there. "I am near. Be not afraid my child. Be patient and wait for me to act."

Now, because we serve a God who is Mighty and Awesome, we too can experience His humor. Last night I chose to make praise my victory cry and in my grief I worshiped the only One who never forgets, the only One who will never leave. As I spun around in my bedroom I glanced into the corner to see a plastic-glow star fall from my ceiling to my bed and I knew He was giving me a shooting star. I squealed with delight like a small child on Christmas and was instantly filled with the joy of the Lord. I laughed and giggled for a very long time. He's so good!

Enclosed within four dark basement walls, He still allowed me to marvel at the thought of the beautiful sky. I just knew He was telling me everything will be just fine. He's got me. Closing my eyes, He took me to a place where I was nothing short of showered in shooting stars...I can still see them now. :)

You are my joy! I rest in Thee! I love you Lord!

No comments: