My feet to go. My heart to love. Mine eyes to see and know. My ears to hear. My hands to serve. My life to Thee I owe. Your Word O God, write upon my heart, My mouth, may it always speak - the Truth about Your Love and Power - that all may see and know. All of me devoted to His call - Romanced by the greatest Lover of all.

Monday, June 22, 2009

just a day, just an ordinary day

It seems as though the running theme the Lord continues to place in my path is a solid truth from Ephesians 3:20- "Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might as or think". I've been seeing, reading and hearing this EVERYWHERE. Think I should maybe pay attention?

See...I think sometimes I am guilty of settling for just a day, just an ordinary day - and when I do, I find myself strangely at war with - myself. My heart aches and craves the Deep.

I'm reminded of a few phrases from a song that used to play on the radio during my early teen years, "just a day, just an ordinary day - just trying to get by - just a dream just an ordinary dream..." Why settle for the ordinary? What's the point? It's nothing special - it's just ordinary.

If you had the choice between a piece of freshly baked, drizzled with melting butter bread - or an ordinary piece of bread, which would you choose? Why?

So why do we settle for the ordinary things..when we could ask God for mind-boggling, seemingly impossible things through prayer - and believe for them - only to see Him be glorified in doing abundantly and infinitely more than we could EVER ask or even imagine?

I'm tired of ordinary days. I want to live a life of adventurous belief in the One who is ABLE...through His mighty power at work within me...do do infinitely more than I could ever ask or imagine. Why? I serve a mighty God...why not allow Him to use me for His mighty works - weak and unworthy as I am?

His love - His peace - His joy - His promises - His faithfulness - everything about Him is extravagant...why not live in pursuit and devotion to Him with the most extravagant effort we can muster? Lord help me to see...to know...to trust...to rest...to go...and to be.

No comments: