My feet to go. My heart to love. Mine eyes to see and know. My ears to hear. My hands to serve. My life to Thee I owe. Your Word O God, write upon my heart, My mouth, may it always speak - the Truth about Your Love and Power - that all may see and know. All of me devoted to His call - Romanced by the greatest Lover of all.

Monday, June 01, 2009

A Glimpse of Internship (Reflection #1)


Welcome to Hephzibah Ministries! This is my home in Georgia for the next 6 months! This is the sign by the road that welcomes everyone to the Hephzibah campus. Nestled a small, yet quaint way back in the woods, this spot is a quiet, sunshiny, and beautiful spot for the community and residential outreach Hephzibah does.Here is a glimpse of where I am living on this internship adventure!


This is the gymnasium at Hephzibah where the Camp Pathway office is located as well as an indoor pool, gymnasium and mini-theatre. We have spent a lot of time in this facility for training and preparing for camp thus far.


Here is our Camp Pathway sign - many of these are posted along the roadway leading up to the heart of Hephzibah's campus to direct campers to our day-camp programming.


Random number? Nah just a caution and reminder to GO SLOW...there are children around. These comical, yet serious speed limit signs marked 17 mph are legitimate and posted all along the roadway at Hephzibah. As a result of people's tendency to go WAY too fast, there have also been speed bumps added today to ensure people take the 17 mph warning seriously!


This is the dining hall where we eat the large majority of our meals with residents before or after our workday activities.


Here is one of the street signs on campus. All the roads have cute, kid friendly names reminding us that we are at a ministry facility aimed at ministering to the hearts of children.


This is House 105 where I reside at Hephzibah along with 6 other ladies who are working for the summer. Beautiful, eh?


Here is our large kitchen where we cook together on the weekends.
This place is a good reminder of home!


Here is our upstairs living room where we sometimes sit together and watch "chick flicks" or favorite old Disney movies on the first televisions ever invented (we're not really sure about this, but it is really old!).


Here is my bedroom where I catch beauty sleep each night and work on projects for internship! Each of the girls in our house has their own room, with the exception of two who share.


This is our bathroom...as you may notice there are urinals in the background. This is rather comical for a house full of girls. However, we are living in what used to be the Junior Boys home. However, the state ruled that children under the age of 13 are no longer allowed to live in group home settings, so Hephzibah is now only able to facilitate housing for 13-18 year olds and college age independent students.


This is me playing the piano in our living room. I've been practicing all Mrs. Klob taught me last semester and enjoyed some wonderful worship times in the quietness of our living room. My piano skills are increasing and so is my heart for leading worship. This piano, though it carries nearly a third of sticky keys has been a giant blessing for me. It's how I unwind or just think from a long day.


This is Mrs. Charlane (my supervisor) and myself. She is a wonderful woman of God with a passionate heart for the work of the Kingdom.


Here is a picture from the Whistle Stop Cafe in Juliette Georgia (home of the movie set Fried Green Tomatoes). Some of the people I am working with this summer are in the photo enjoying fried green tomatoes n' sweet tea.

1 comment:

Pamela said...

Hey Darlin'! How wonderful to finally take some time to read your blog and see what is going on with you in your life! This looks like such an exciting experience, and I'm so pleased for you. I'm thinking and praying for you. Hope all continues to go well.(: