My feet to go. My heart to love. Mine eyes to see and know. My ears to hear. My hands to serve. My life to Thee I owe. Your Word O God, write upon my heart, My mouth, may it always speak - the Truth about Your Love and Power - that all may see and know. All of me devoted to His call - Romanced by the greatest Lover of all.

Monday, March 20, 2006

the Call

Visitation night was not at all what I had expected.
I'm not quite sure how to describe it.
I was clueless why God wanted me there tonight.
I left feeling more blessed than I felt worthy of being.
Tonight was not for my glory.
Tonight was about Jesus...about His love...His grace...His invitation for life!

Chris was my partner and we visited 2 rooms.
We met a woman named Eva who recommitted her life to Christ tonight!
Praise the Lord!
Prayer time and fellowship was incredible.

Ministry needs to happen each day.
Ministry can not be something that happens 4-5 years from now when I graduate from Bible college.

Ministry is now.
I feel so blessed that God is giving me opportunities to minister now and to do His work.
I couldn't ask for more.

Jesus is enough.
He's all I need.
I'm done with casual Christianity....of sitting at home with my fuzzy slippers on, reading my Bible because my ticket to Heaven has already been punched...I want to go around for the ticket checks that come after mine...to help convince people and show them through love and God's truth that it really is worth getting their ticket bound for eternity punched.
May my every word exalt His name.
May He use me according to His will, regardless of my comfortability with the situation.
May my comfort zone be shattered and refuge sought only in Him.

May my world be turned upside down, shaken and spun around until I'm weak with dizziness and looking up, the only thing that makes any recognizable sense is Him.
I'm crazy about Jesus.

Let my life proclaim this as truth..
My actions as living proof...
My words as loving examples...
Abandoning all I knew before...seeking what's just beyond the door.


I hate it when the enemy torments my mind...today I found peace in this Psalm:

"1 I look up to the mountains—
does my help come from there?

2 My help comes from the LORD,
who made the heavens and the earth!

3 He will not let you stumble and fall;
the one who watches over you will not sleep." -Psalm 121 :1-3

He is good, so good and His love endures forever!



2 comments:

Debbie said...

I really wanted to be there last night! It sounded like a great thing to do... Chris had his final ski meet and awards night for them... but I did pray about it a bit and I'm glad to hear it was awesome! Love ya Christy!

christy said...

Hope all went well with Chris's race. :)

It was a great experience...we were all meant to be there or not to be there last night.

Love ya!