My feet to go. My heart to love. Mine eyes to see and know. My ears to hear. My hands to serve. My life to Thee I owe. Your Word O God, write upon my heart, My mouth, may it always speak - the Truth about Your Love and Power - that all may see and know. All of me devoted to His call - Romanced by the greatest Lover of all.

Thursday, March 09, 2006

His Goodness, Glory & Unfailing Love


















It's been such a long time since I was able to soak up nature's beauty and capture it on film. I've really missed it. Toting my camera around this week has added an interesting dynamic to my fasting festivities and has at times taken my breath away. God literally stops me dead in my tracks and says "Christy, look what I made for you. Oh, I love how you smile, do you love it? I made this for you!" How sweet to serve a living God who loves us enough to greet us in the mornings with a sweet surise, to kiss us goodnight beneath a blanket of diamond stars, to warm our faces with gleaming sunrays casting through the clever clouds.

I feel as though this week has been an opportunity for me to find an appreciation for nature I was beginning to lose, by not stopping, by being too busy and caught up in me, to appreciate what my soul purpose on this earth is to begin with---to be relational with Jesus and to be romanced by Him - to allow Him to work through me and not "do as I please".

This song was sent to me by a dear friend and has brought joy to my heart...He waits for us...He may be showing me beauty on this earth, but He can't wait to show me the colors I've never seen, to watch me tremble at His feet, to embrace me, to DANCE with me in a field. I can't wait for the day that I can dance with my Jesus in a field full of His gloriously created colors. Eternity is worth it!

"I've been waiting to dance with you in fields full of colors you've never seen. I've been waiting to show you beauty you've never dreamed that's always been in you. And I've been waiting, to see you tremble as you're embraced by a world saturated with my love. I've been waiting for the day when atlast I get to see my child, you are finally home!" -Todd Agnew's "The Martyr Song"

Well my fast officially ends on Monday, however, I must say, the discoveries and victories and realizations of this time are unreal. Though I haven't been completely foodless, I quickly learned that it's not about not eating, it's about pursuing God every morning, making everything else planned around Him. He wants my mornings, my afternoons, my evenings, and the times in between. He wants to give me a hymn of praise and to sing it right then and there, to feel His love and to show my love for Him. He wants to romance me with sunsets and suncovering clouds. He wants me. It's truly that simple. He holds the key to my life. My heart is confident in Him. This could perhaps be considered one of the strangest fasts ever..and I know it's the greatest and strangest one I've ever experienced. As I continue to pursue these final days, I am thinking of those I love, those who've faithfully prayed for me, thought of me and experienced closeness with the father this week as I have. My heart longs for you to encounter the living Creator with such a need that you fall helplessly into His arms and allow Him to work, to privide strength. Let go and Let God guys....there truly is no better way.

4 comments:

Rachelle said...

Beautiful.

Debbie said...

I love that you call it "fasting festivities" ... so many people fast and miss the point by complaining they are so hungry or seeming so depressed about it... You've been full of joy and anticipation the whole two weeks! Cool! I was watching the old video of Ray Boltz last night with I Pledge Allegience to the Lamb and I thought of you because the other song is "I Will tell the World" and the video is Teen Mania in Botswania! I'm excited Christy for all God is doing with this whole mission thing! The interviews were so AWESOME... I love that God allowed me the chance to be part of it, hearing so many peoples hearts was such a privilege! God is moving in a powerful way and though most have never heard of Aroostook County... WOW! He is opening the opportunity over the next 12 months to share His gospel all over the World! Can you imagine the impact! OOOOHHH chills that He would allow such an amazing privilege! Sorry for the rambles! I love you and Hope you enjoy this beautfiul sunny day!

Lor & Josh said...

those are incredible pictures. Our Creator is so creative! :)

christy said...

I agree Lor, Our Creator is so creative!

Auntie Debbie- God is moving in this small place of Aroostook County. All we need to be is willing people, and He'll send send send. I'm excited to watch as God continues to work, spurring hearts for His service. Praise the Lord!