My feet to go. My heart to love. Mine eyes to see and know. My ears to hear. My hands to serve. My life to Thee I owe. Your Word O God, write upon my heart, My mouth, may it always speak - the Truth about Your Love and Power - that all may see and know. All of me devoted to His call - Romanced by the greatest Lover of all.

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Exactly where I needed to be

Went on a date with Jesus this evening. We walked, talked, and even laughed... the sun shined upon my face, warming the deepest chambers of my heart. Yes, I smiled as I walked and talked with my Jesus ---the passer byers must have been clueless of my joy. I felt like skipping, my feet found the rhythm...wanted to dance, to sing, to chant of his grace, his love and his sacrifice for me.

We read a book together today as well...called The Martyr Song by Ted Dekker. The book spoke of "birds circling" and I chuckled as I approached a corner church and birds, tons of birds, circled and danced in the sky, the sun reflecting windly from their wings. I love that God has a sense of humor and that he desires to spend time with me. He always knows exactly what I need...where I need to be...and what needs to happen. Sometimes letting him is a bit tough, but when I do, I find it most pleasing-- He always knows what's right.

I listened to this song as I walked along with a few others...but this one left abeaming smile on my face...everything, the only things that satisfy, come from Him.

"With rain, with sun
With much, with less
With joy, with pain
With life, with death
The only things that satisfy come from You
They come from You
Everything that's beautiful
Everything that's wonderful
Every perfect gift comes from You

Your grace,
Your heart Your voice,
Your touch Your word,
Your peace Your hope,
Your love
A thousand words could not explain
A thousand worlds could not contain
Every perfect gift comes from You
It comes from the Father of Lights
It comes from the Giver of Life
It comes from the Heavens above
It's coming straight from Your heart
To the people You love
"
-Chris Tomlin "everything" from NOT TO US

No comments: