My feet to go. My heart to love. Mine eyes to see and know. My ears to hear. My hands to serve. My life to Thee I owe. Your Word O God, write upon my heart, My mouth, may it always speak - the Truth about Your Love and Power - that all may see and know. All of me devoted to His call - Romanced by the greatest Lover of all.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

The final leg...anticipating a season

Ohh...it's hear...can you smell it?
Spring time! Which means manyt hings..but for highschool athletes just one...
Spring Sport Season...
For seniors...the final leg til' graduation...
For the team...SOFTBALL TIME!!!

I love it.
I love it.
I love it.
Softball is here and I'm excited, because until yesterday evening around 5:00ish, I was excited, but my whole body wasn't too excited.
My feet are craving, the muddy dirt and my ears the snapping of leather gloves or the repellation of an aluminum bat.

Softball will take us to the end of the year.
Softball season finishs May 29th for season games...
Prom is June 3rd..
sports awards June 5th...
Senior week/finals/marching begin ^ (5th)
Graduation...June 11th, 2006 @ 1:30pm at Caribou High School


Laughter, triumph, memories galore...will all pour into these next 1-2 months...closing a chapter of the highschool adventure...the last and final chapter of highschool.
I'm excited though...because as a wise friend once told me...she once read that the greatest joys and trimphs of this life are only the table of contents and cover page of our book of life...the real story and adventure begins when we get to Heaven to spend eternity with the love of our life, Jesus Christ...and it's a book with endless pages and chapters...it's quite silly to thing that this is nothing...each significant day or moment....nothing compared to how it'll be in eternity! Oooooh I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with Jesus! :) T'will be a glorious day!

Below are a few photos of last year...softball season...courtesy of one of my fav. teachers ever Mr. Martin (math). He's awesome!




(ponderings...)

2 comments:

Rachelle said...

You're cute, Christy. :)

christy said...

Crystal, that's awesome that you share a love for softball. I can imagine that a life changes around quite a bit when you start a family...but just think, eventually your child(ren) will grow up and be able to play softball with you. It'll be an entirely new adventure for you! Be blessed!