My feet to go. My heart to love. Mine eyes to see and know. My ears to hear. My hands to serve. My life to Thee I owe. Your Word O God, write upon my heart, My mouth, may it always speak - the Truth about Your Love and Power - that all may see and know. All of me devoted to His call - Romanced by the greatest Lover of all.

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

carving mr. pumpkin

Last Sunday I decided it was time to carve my lovely pumpkin -- doing so without my sisters joining me was a bit of a stretch -- and I nearly burned the house down in the process when I forgot my seeds were in the oven for an hour. Essentially, on basic terms, the project was a fail - but I enjoyed myself and was able to find it rather therapeutic and relaxing in comparison to a crazy, hectic weekend. Here's a photo documentation of the event.

Step 1: getting the top off,, after carefully slicing a circle around the step.
PUMPKIN SEEDS - MY FAVORITE!!
Step 2: Seed removal - this is always the messy - goupy part, but my favorite.
Step 3: Placing the seeds in a bowl so they may be washed & cooked.
I'm pretty excited to have collected all my seeds.
Step 4a: Cutting Mr. Pumpkin some eyes.
Step 4b: and a mouth
Step 5: Setting Mr. Pumpkin aglow!
Remember...every good carved pumpkin lights up with a candle!
Mr. Pumpkin finally makes it outside to his spot on the porch.
We're pretty excited the carving is all finished!
Step 6: Identifying your pumpkin...this is just a fun thing to do!
My sign held by Mr. Pumpkin greets visitors (which we don't usually get!)
A little Georgia sunshine at the end of a beautiful Sunday of rest!
Unfortunately I burned my pumpkin seeds --- better luck next year!

1 comment:

Zach said...

Looks like a good time! I kinda forgot that I was missing out on pumpkins this year until I read this post. Have a blessed day!