My feet to go. My heart to love. Mine eyes to see and know. My ears to hear. My hands to serve. My life to Thee I owe. Your Word O God, write upon my heart, My mouth, may it always speak - the Truth about Your Love and Power - that all may see and know. All of me devoted to His call - Romanced by the greatest Lover of all.

Friday, October 02, 2009

The World Race

I applied after much prayer and consideration about 2 weeks ago for the World Race, an intense missions adventure around the world for 11 months. I received an e-mail and phone interview request last week. Had my phone interview Wednesday just prior to lunch time - missed a call last night - got a voice mail to return a call today.

Today when I returned the call, I received some good news...I've been accepted to the July 2010 World Race!
Praise the Lord! (insert happy dance here ;) )
I have been overwhelmed with tears of joy and overwhelming thanks as well as laughter since I found out!!!!! All I could think and say to express myself is, "I'm gonna be a missionary!" I'm so humbled and overwhelmed that God would choose someone like me - someone weak, and not the most skillful to do His work for the Kingdom in a setting like this - that He loves me enough to have a brilliant plan for my life beyond anything I could ever ask or imagine. So...

11 months...11 countries.
July 1, 2010 - May 31, 2011.

The life of a missionary @ Adventures in Missions via the World Race.
Lord willing this will be my life in a short 9 months from now.


Now it's time to raise support funds - get all the loose ends tied up and spend much time in prayer for all the people and divine appointments I know and trust God already has orchestrated for this next adventure in my life! Will you partner with me and join me in this world race adventure?!

No comments: