My feet to go. My heart to love. Mine eyes to see and know. My ears to hear. My hands to serve. My life to Thee I owe. Your Word O God, write upon my heart, My mouth, may it always speak - the Truth about Your Love and Power - that all may see and know. All of me devoted to His call - Romanced by the greatest Lover of all.

Sunday, October 04, 2009

DVA conference

This weekend I had the privilege of ministering at a DVA (Domestic Violence Awareness) conference in town through song/playing piano along with several women from the mission. Thank you to everyone who prayed for us - your prayers were truly felt and God did a work in that place!

The skit was amazing! About as week ago the Lord laid Elizabeth Rhyno's song "Refuge" on my heart - and taught me how to play it at the piano - so I shared the song with the ladies, along with the vision of a skit the Lord had laid on my heart for them. We set out to communicate Christ's healing power and truth even amidst our own brokenness.

The Holy Spirit was so sweet and peaceful in that place. People were weeping, smiling, standing. I didn't watch them as I played - but simply smiled and sang my little heart out - but I saw people after, and they shared their hearts of how the Holy Spirit had moved them - they said the song was anointed and blessed their hearts immensely.

My favorite part was seeing how alive all the ladies from our mission looked - they were smiling, wiping tears from their eyes as we sat back down - but mostly their eyes were dancing!!! :D God used them to minister truth and healing to the hearts of those at the conference - I just know it. I could feel it!

The women really moved my heart when they said afterward, "This isn't just a skit to us, you know...this is our lives!" They are so right too --- stomped on by the world and people, but raised to life in Christ - these beautiful, recovering, hungry sisters of mine are walking down the healing path to Christ's feet day by day growing a little stronger, a little more joyful, a little more free - a little more alive! It is truly magnificent!

No comments: