My feet to go. My heart to love. Mine eyes to see and know. My ears to hear. My hands to serve. My life to Thee I owe. Your Word O God, write upon my heart, My mouth, may it always speak - the Truth about Your Love and Power - that all may see and know. All of me devoted to His call - Romanced by the greatest Lover of all.

Monday, October 05, 2009

refreshing rain and the Word

Tonight I decided to go jogging up and down the road in front of my lovely house - from street light to street light - back and forth until it seemed like I'd run roughly a mile. A girls gotta get her exercise, ya know!?

The best part about this was the rain.Exercising in the rain is always way more motivating and satisfying in the rain - here's why: It was sprinkling heavy, thick, refreshing drops - dancing on the pavement - kissing my cheeks and livening my soul. I didn't even bother to pin my hair up - I just let the rain do it's curling wonder as I ran - free and joyful - refreshed and motivated.

I've had a fair amount on my mind lately - as one could easily tell from skimming my blog. Tonight I was reading the daily verse from a scripture calendar my sister Sher gave me (which always seems to be just what I need to hear that day). This was today's verse:

"Rejoice in the Lord your God, for he has given you the autumn rains in righteousness. He sends you abundant showers, both autumn and spring rains, as before. The threshing floors will be filled with grain; the vats will overflow with new wine and oil."
- Joel 2:23-25.

I found this rather ironic - since I just came from soaking up a beautiful autumn rain outside - and have to start raising a hefty amount of support for my 11 month mission trip. I felt a calm in my spirit as I read this verse - a smile deep in my heart welling up - a knowing that God is going to provide abundantly just what I need because He is a faithful God - and He is going to refresh me and His other children in this season with His rains of righteousness.

(Perhaps all of you northerners stuck in Maine/Canada can take hope in this verse with all the rain y'all have been getting! God bless!)

No comments: