My feet to go. My heart to love. Mine eyes to see and know. My ears to hear. My hands to serve. My life to Thee I owe. Your Word O God, write upon my heart, My mouth, may it always speak - the Truth about Your Love and Power - that all may see and know. All of me devoted to His call - Romanced by the greatest Lover of all.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

...forgiven?

Well He's done it again...once again my heart was screaming one thing...as Jesus was speaking sweetly to it, something else to tame my worldly emotions. God's Daily Promises was entitled: "How does your life reflect God's forgiveness? " today...and it convicted me...only moments ago I was dwelling upon something completely out of my hands of fixing, making better or doing anything for...and I was bitter...ugly bitter...just enough to get my blood pumping hard , blood pressure to rise, and opening the door to a flood of thoughts to consume my mind again...*urgh* I dislike(hate) it very much when I do that. I'm so very thankful that Jesus loves me enough to mend my faults and to pick me up time and time again as I fall, and remind me that I need to love just as He has loved and that I need to be a person with a tender heart, loving those around me despite what they've done. I need to lean on Him and let go of my own thoughts on an issue. I realize more and more all the time how not necessarily wrong but byass I can be about things. (Sometimes my thought flow is "my way" or "I'm not liking the way".) Don't get me wrong I'm not a jerk who never listens to anyone else's thoughts/opinions, but sometimes I just like to have a little control, to take charge--and yes just as always, sometimes my emotions get the best of me.

Well I now know that Jesus is in control of this situation 100% and I'm believing He will provide according to His will and plans. :)

"Be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you. "
Ephesians 4:32 NLT

2 comments:

Lor & Josh said...

hey towski, this is a long response but i just read your post then I read a prayer I thought I'd share with you.

Prayer of St Francis of Assisi:

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace,
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
where there is sadness, joy;
O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console;
to be understood as to understand;
to be loved as to love.
For it is in giving that we receive;
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life

:) much love,

L

christy said...

Lor, thank you so very much for the encouraging and uplifting prayer. I love that it's very poetic and so very truly speaking to my spirit. Thanks for sharing dear friend!