My feet to go. My heart to love. Mine eyes to see and know. My ears to hear. My hands to serve. My life to Thee I owe. Your Word O God, write upon my heart, My mouth, may it always speak - the Truth about Your Love and Power - that all may see and know. All of me devoted to His call - Romanced by the greatest Lover of all.

Monday, February 27, 2006

can i?

Dear Friends,

I am about to embark on a very special journey with my awesome Jesus. This journey will be in the form of a 14 day fast. Why 14 days, I'm not sure, but I've been praying over the situation for about a week or so and I feel like it's something I definately can't do....however, I believe God has called me to DO IT because I can't do it alone...because He's teaching me to trust Him. All I ask is for your prayers, thoughts & prayer requests. I'm not entirely sure what the Lord has in store, but I shall see...I am excited about this...scared...nervous, but above all else excited. I will begin my fast on Tuesday February 28th 2006 and continue as the Lord leads. This is not just a food fast, but an "idol time wasting" activities fast. (ex. tv, internet,sitting around, ect.) Well...I'm smiling...and I hope y'all are too! God bless!

I'm letting go, and letting God.

Always,
Christy

7 comments:

Rachelle said...

Awesome! You will be in my prayers during these next couple of weeks (and always)!! :)

Debbie said...

Fasting is AMAZING! I must say I've never done a total fast for 14 days from food though. I've done a 30 day media fast once and that was GREAT! Such breakthroughs... food the most I've done is a total food fast 3 days. God does things during a fast that is far beyond just regular prayer time. Okay I really am a rambler on your comments area Christy! I'll be praying for you during this time... love ya!

christy said...

Debbie,Rachelle & Danielle- Thank you so much for your prayers! I am appreciative.

Danielle- I would love to chat sometime.

It's only day 1 so far..and it has been amazing. The Lord is so good.

Anonymous said...

Christy,

I will be praying for you. Let us see what God will reveal. Remember to drink water. I Love You, Daddy

Rachelle said...

You've been on my mind and in my prayers a lot today.

christy said...

Thanks Daddy! I love you! AND MISS YOU BIG TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait until you get home!!!!!

christy said...

Rachelle, thanks for your prayers, you're an amazing friend and I love you! Hope your Jazz Band Competition went well! Wish I could've been there! :)