My feet to go. My heart to love. Mine eyes to see and know. My ears to hear. My hands to serve. My life to Thee I owe. Your Word O God, write upon my heart, My mouth, may it always speak - the Truth about Your Love and Power - that all may see and know. All of me devoted to His call - Romanced by the greatest Lover of all.

Saturday, February 18, 2006

Windy Day -Mary Kay- Bye Bye Pride

The brilliant sunshine was no match today in covering the earth as it was overcome with the chilling frosty wind from every direction penetrating through upon each uncovered particle of flesh. ick!!!!!

Went to a Mary Kay party hosted at the Rhyno's home today by Elizabeth and Lor. Bethany was the consultant and several women from the church atteneded. (The guest list included: Connie, Pam,Marsha,Annie,Hilary,Angel?,Debbie and Me) I had an amazing time of fellowship with these gorgeous women of God all playing "makeover" and making ourselves feel pretty, o so pretty! At the party I ate a slice of a delicious blueberry coffee cake...my compliments to the chefs.(Lor & Elizabeth) Oh yes and I tried eye liner for the first time ever...pretty neat!

Service was amazing tonight in the fact that Jesus once again spoke sweetly to my heart. Now I understand that from most people on the outside looking at the post, adding something spiritually significant to this post amist the silliness of my day seems rather ridiculous...but tonight I cast away my fear of man and my pride that I have harbored deep down. My inability to walk walk WALK WALK WALK in trust and faith, NOT fearing what others thing and say and do to me. Persecution? Bring it on baby...if it's part of God's plan I'm totally up for it. Being the loner? I'm thinkin' I'm pretty good with that too...so once again, let's go...hit me with your best shot. I no longer need to worry myself sick about how other see me, I simply need to be, to love others just as Jesus loves me, squash my pride and GO GO GO GO GO! I know that God wants to use me as an instrument, a tool and an example. So, hey if your in any offended that my spiritual victory of the day is cushioned between my dinner menu and a silly goodbye then lump it. I'm claiming Jesus as LORD over my life, my whole day and my everything. Each and every moment belongs to him and I will no longer allow my pride to set a schedule of convenience. I need to become radical and step out. World here I come!

Now, in honor of our horribly windy day...Mary Poppins grab your umbrella, I'm shippin' out!!!!!

2 comments:

Rachelle said...

"...then lump it."

Though I did not laugh out loud on this one (I just woke up) I did laugh inside when I saw this. I also smiled. :)

Last night was also quite meaningful to me, but I'm not sure exactly in what way...

That may not make a lot of sense, and I'm sorry.
But God was doing something in me last night and I simply have yet to find out what it was.

Good post. Love you!

christy said...

Thanks my dear! thanks! I will be glad to hear all about what God is doing in your life as he continues to walk! May you be blessed and smile knowing Jesus is at work in you! Praise him for his ceaseless faithfulness, wonder, grace and LOVE!