My feet to go. My heart to love. Mine eyes to see and know. My ears to hear. My hands to serve. My life to Thee I owe. Your Word O God, write upon my heart, My mouth, may it always speak - the Truth about Your Love and Power - that all may see and know. All of me devoted to His call - Romanced by the greatest Lover of all.

Friday, February 17, 2006

My Rescuer

School is a terribly wretched place. I really need to reach out in love to all who are lost, to all who have ignored, gossiped, left out, betrayed me. Why do we make forgiveness so complicated? It shouldn't be. God help me to love all just as you love me!

I love that God sings to my spirit a specific song that deals with how I am feeling. Today I just felt like crying out and saying "Where are you God? I need you SO much! I'm so alone! So clueless, so afraid! HELPPP!" As I cried out he answered with his sweet overflowing presence and the treasure of a song pushing out the worries and trouble of my day. I was taken back to one of the BOOSTER services during worship time as a simple verse played over and over in my head. This was my prayer:

" Cause' I need you Jesus, to come to my rescue, tell my where can I go...there's no other name by which I am saved, Lord you capture me with your grace, I will follow you...I will follow you."


Jesus, Jesus oh how I love Him. It amazes me how easily I forget the most important and easy solution to my problems. When I am walking through my day...trouble, sorrows, joys, blessings, regardless of what happens, Jesus longs to speak with me. He's waiting for me to cry out in thanks, in need, in love, in simple conversation. He desires to be relational with me and for me to know him more and more. My heart burns to know my Jesus who wipes away each tear, offers undeserved blessings and loves me no matter how many times I cut short our time together or forget to acknowlege his presence in my life. I need to give him my whole day....not just appointments that suit my schedule. God should be and needs to be thriving in my life each moment and in every breath I breathe.

I can't wait to see what God will do as I open my eyes, trust him with my heart and soul, and listen intently for the directions he gives. When he speaks all darkness flees and as he speaks, I will truly hear, not just noise or mere words...I will actually *hear*.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

AMEN! So much of what you write miss Christy truly speaks my heart! I hope you write down the songs God gives you, you do have such a gift with writing. I'm reading the book Chris Tomlin wrote about his life and it's really a great book... I think of you and my son Chris quite a bit as I read it. Well I know the song stuff doesn't really fit in with the stuff you wrote I just think of it sometimes. Well hope you have a great day... love ya!

christy said...

Ooh I do auntie debbie...I write whenever the LORD inspires me to...and lately I've been getting a few short songs that only are meant to be sung...silly eh? I thought do...but I soon realized that God sometimes just wants to sing to me and sometimes He wants to sing through me. :) Jesus rocks! Enjoy your book!