My feet to go. My heart to love. Mine eyes to see and know. My ears to hear. My hands to serve. My life to Thee I owe. Your Word O God, write upon my heart, My mouth, may it always speak - the Truth about Your Love and Power - that all may see and know. All of me devoted to His call - Romanced by the greatest Lover of all.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Haystack (4-23-06)

Jessica & me on top of the mountain
Sherri taking a break...
Jessica...modeling? I suppose it's the new *nature* look
An early view of the setting sun...which would only become more breathtaking as the evening wore on.
Jessica falling off of Haystack...Sherri decided it'd be best if she saved her so Mom and Dad wouldn't be mad
Chris & Christy :)
Praising the Lord for His beautiful mountain scenery.
Hooray for Haystack!
Hooray for beautiful weather!
Hooray for loving family!

A group of 17 of us trekked up the beautiful Haystack on Sunday, encountering God's beautiful kiss of evening and a great bonding time of laughter and togetherness. Four of us had the bright idea of climbing twice...we're the crazy ones in the photos above. It was a nice time of fellowship, a great way to spend a Sunday evening and an enjoyable way to appreciate the summery weather. I love my family & I love being loved. God is amazing! He truly takes my breath away...I'm captivated by His beauty. To Him be all the glory forever and ever!

6 comments:

Debbie said...

Sounds like a fund day! Last time we climbed haystack josh got bored and decided to run down most of the way, found him bleeding a lot in the parking lot! He was pretty upset... so we haven't been in a big rush to go back :)
Missed you at youth! Love ya Christy... oh my favorite picture is you praising the Lord! Cool... on sherri's I picked the one of the 4 of you... so that one's cool too!

Rachelle said...

That photo of you on the mountain top just brought tears to my eyes.

Rachelle said...

Danielle!

christy said...

Debbie- I have a "going down haystack adventure story" to share with you sometime...bleeding is not fun...poor josh! Rachelle, you are awesome dear friend! Danielle, fortuantely I didn't see anything sacrificed up there...if there was, I missed it because my eyes were captured by the changing night sky or chris's face when he pretended like he was going to toss me off the mountain. :) Love you ladies!

Lor & Josh said...

beautiful pics christy! I expecially love the last one! beautiful!!!!

christy said...

Thanks Lor :)