My feet to go. My heart to love. Mine eyes to see and know. My ears to hear. My hands to serve. My life to Thee I owe. Your Word O God, write upon my heart, My mouth, may it always speak - the Truth about Your Love and Power - that all may see and know. All of me devoted to His call - Romanced by the greatest Lover of all.

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

when WAS the last time???

"If God were small enough for our minds, He wouldn't be big enough for our needs." - unidentified author

It took me by surprise...the sweetness of the wind blowing softly against my face. My body was consumed in the sun's warmth and my ears kissed with the sound of a strumming guitar. Closing my eyes, I just listened. For once...I put all the worries, thoughts, tasks and expectations on pause and just sat...basking in the sun....listening to the words of "Here I Am" by Shawn McDonald.

I lay myself at Your feet
Asking You won't You meet
Won't You meet me
I cannot do it on my own
I cannot do it all alone
Here I am, oh, tonight
With my arms open wide
Won't You come inside
Won't You come inside, God
Come and fill this heart of mine
I'm in need of You
Of Your touch,
of Your life,
of Your love
I need YouI need You

I wondered to myself, as I wept, overcome with the Holy Spirit in my car during lunch break...when was the last time I just STOPPED and listened to You Lord? It must've been about a week ago...and oh how I have missed it. I felt like a new person....free of tasks, expectations, projects, school work, and pleasing others.

Time...regardless of all the stuff-stuff we try to fill it with...is best spent and most fulfilling when it's with Jesus. He is peaceful and loving, comforting and merciful. He silences all our thoughts when we turn to Him, close our eyes and just listen. He's so big out minds can't even begin to comprehend His glory and greatness. Turning off all stray and worrisome thoughts sometimes makes me feel like my mind is resting in the reality of not knowing . He's bigger than all of our needs.

I came across this quote today:
"Anything GOOD - GOD = 0." - unidentified author

Be blessed in His goodness today! Close your yes and just listen!

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

Good word.

Love you.