My feet to go. My heart to love. Mine eyes to see and know. My ears to hear. My hands to serve. My life to Thee I owe. Your Word O God, write upon my heart, My mouth, may it always speak - the Truth about Your Love and Power - that all may see and know. All of me devoted to His call - Romanced by the greatest Lover of all.

Monday, April 10, 2006

The Spirit of Religion

Praise the Lord for His overflowing goodness! The spirit of religion was broken over our church this weekend and I praise Him for that! :)
I love that P. Rick preaches directly from scripture, which oftentimes, causes a doubting mind to sweat knowing wholeheartedly that there's no way to read between the lines, or kind've hop over the mountain of truth being poured out before it. Our pride gets so easily in the way sometimes that we forget and sometimes ever refuse to listen to God and even more so, to actually hear Him. We brush aside the fact that He knows all. We accuse and deny His truth even when we are directly convicted. We decide within ourselves that " No God, you can't be right." It's sad to think of all those who know about Jesus, but don't really know Him.

It tears my heart knowing that, as in Hosea 5:15 " I will go away and return to My place until they acknowledge their guilt and seek My face; In their affliction they will earnestly seek Me. " When we refuse Jesus enough and close out the Holy Spirit's roaring...He steps back.

What a scary place to be.

One can't know this because they no longer feel the pounding. Why? He's stepped back....He's waiting for them to come back to Him, to pursue Him. He's pursued, pursued and pursued and finally when we've stepped away enough...He steps away too.

I am grateful beyond words & blessed to tears for the message this weekend--the incredible worship service--the amazing worshipteam experience--the baptisms--those who answered the call. May we all pursue Christ headlong-with total abandonment-absolutely-without rest. Be blessed!

No comments: