My feet to go. My heart to love. Mine eyes to see and know. My ears to hear. My hands to serve. My life to Thee I owe. Your Word O God, write upon my heart, My mouth, may it always speak - the Truth about Your Love and Power - that all may see and know. All of me devoted to His call - Romanced by the greatest Lover of all.

Thursday, May 18, 2006

CPR

I must say I enjoyed my evening with two of my most favorite people in the world. Lor, Chris & I took a CPR/First Aid class tonight at the church with my mom's buddy Frank Patane from the Caribou Fire Department. I had an enjoyable time. Besides being slightly too powerful with my compressions, I think I did alright. I certainly had them laughing...I love it when Chris laughs.

I love medical stuff, but I've come to realize that at one point in time, i was very capable of doing well in that field, but the Lord has given me His calling...and through that my heart has been filled with the desire to follow Him. My whole heart has been committed to Him...without any heart for medical studies, I find myself incapable of doing things I used to easily. Wow...perhaps one day the Lord will call me and my future husband into the jungle or desert to do medical things...but until that day, I remain content with my little CPR compressions and praying with all my heart that I never find anyone like that...and if I do, that they'll start breathing again.

Well...tomorrow I get to spend lunch time with Chris. I have a day off from school, just because. I'm getting my senior pictures (which aren't entirely beautiful...but hey.) made and then it's off to Camp Shiktehawk for the Women's Prayer Retreat! I am excited to watch the Lord work and move this weekend!

*I really enjoyed this quote today:
"I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true. I am not bound to succeed, but I am bound to live by the light that I have." -Abraham Lincoln

3 comments:

Rachelle said...

Amazing quote, Christy! I love it!

Your story about your CPR class made me laugh. I should probably take a class again soon... It's been 4 years since the last time I had a CPR card.

Have a great day with Chris and a wonderful weekend! I love you, and I hope to be able to attend your game this Wednesday!

christy said...

Have an incredible weekend as well Rachellie! May the Lord bless you in all you do! See you sometime soon!!!!

christy said...

Oooh thank you Mr. poopsmith...you are so very right. I praise the Lord for his sovreign grace and gifts! He reigns! He is mighty...and He's chosen me. I am so grateful for his gifts and for his call. Be blessed friend! Thank you for your words. YOu have no idea how encouraging it was to see your words! :)