My feet to go. My heart to love. Mine eyes to see and know. My ears to hear. My hands to serve. My life to Thee I owe. Your Word O God, write upon my heart, My mouth, may it always speak - the Truth about Your Love and Power - that all may see and know. All of me devoted to His call - Romanced by the greatest Lover of all.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

exciting victory

If you've ever been part of a program, that promises success, strives for success and desires success, however, when they seem to be taking 1 step forward, it's really 3 steps back...you know how it feels to be a Senior on the Caribou High School Girls Softball Team. A Varsity starter for 4 years, (2nd base for 3years and 3rd for this year)...I know what it feels like to lose. It stinks...but afterawhile, you become content. you mark on your calendar the last day of the season, because you know when it will end. There's no spontaneuty or wonder of playoffs...no hope for gleaming success or crediting articles in the paper...just the comings and goings of each day, being content in your position, swinging a bat just because and letting another year slip by with a lovely habitual record of 2-14.

Well I can happily say that this season has been a blue. I can't quite wrap my mind around the fact that we've already had 7/16 games and are trucking our ways slowly to a successful, growing season. We dropped our first 3 games (one vs. PI and a double header vs. john bapst) to start the season, but we decided to step up and turn things around. We were victorious with an at home win vs. Fort Kent followed by a BIG double-header sweep last Saturday vs. Mattanomack (who beat PI earlier on)...then tonight, in company with the rain and shivery cold of Houlton, ME, we claimed another WIN over the Houlton Shiretowners in a 9 inning game! WOOOOOHHHHH!!!! We will follow this up with a double header on Saturday (Caribou vs. Hermon) and hopefully set our eyes and goals a little higher each day!

Sure it feels great to win, wonderful to win...but victory is a temporary high. Losing allows us to become content. I'm done with content. It excites me to see my fellow teammate showing up to practice unexpectant, ready to learn and excited to work! I'm proud to say I'm a member of the CHS Softball team with a 4-3 record on the season so far.

If you get a chance, come on out and catch a game this season, you might just be surprised!

Upcoming games:
5/13/06 Caribou vs. Hermon 12:30/2:00
5/17/06 Caribou @ Fort Kent 5:00pm
(5/20/06 Caribou @ Bucksport 12/2:00)---won't be at these ones (Women's Prayer Summit)
5/24/06 Caribou @ Presque Isle 7:00pm
5/27/06 Caribou vs. Ellsworth 12:00/2:00
5/30/06 Caribou vs. Houlton 4:00 pm

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

I'm excited to see you play on the 24th!
:)

You little athelete, you. ;)