My feet to go. My heart to love. Mine eyes to see and know. My ears to hear. My hands to serve. My life to Thee I owe. Your Word O God, write upon my heart, My mouth, may it always speak - the Truth about Your Love and Power - that all may see and know. All of me devoted to His call - Romanced by the greatest Lover of all.

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

senioritis


My mind is screaming inside...
I feel restless...NO MORE TESTS...NO MORE PROJECTS! NO MORE!
Work is getting done, however, there's way too much of it...
It's May...
Softball season is in full swing...
Caps & Gowns are ordered...
Marching 9th in my class...
Scholarships...Goals...
Speeches...Prayers..
Prom...Dresses...
Summer...Financial Aid...Loans...
These are all symptoms of SENIORITIS...or better yet, all contributers.


Graduation is just around the corner...my summer is going to be an adventure! I look forward to the things God's got in store for me and I He's going to teach me about His character, His promises and goodness...I look forward to homefront missions and reaching june 11th with part of my heart catching a plane to Panama...the other part accepting a diploma of hard work and good deeds over the past 12+ years of my life in my right hand, smiling joyfully as I try to gracefully waltz across a recently constructed stage...It's going to be good...good good good...but for now, I'm ready to be done done done with school and on on on with the things to come!!

5 comments:

God Is Love said...

I am SO excited and happy for you. I love you sis!

God Bless..
Sherri Marie

Rachelle said...

Oh, Christy...

I will cry at your graduation.

What a great birthday present it will be.

christy said...

Oh, Sherri...thank you dear! Rachelle, you are one of the most unselfish people I know...you actually see my graduation as a gift/blessing and are willing to come even though it's on your special birthday! I love you guys! :)

(PS- I was asked to do the invocation prayer at the grad. ceremony! Praise the Lord!)

Debbie said...

Christy I'm so proud of you! You're an amazing person that brings so much joy to my life! I love you...

christy said...

Thank you Debbie...It's amazing that this day is so close to coming...I remember back to 8th grade and how that seemed like a huge step. I can't wait to step out and pursue the future plans God has for me in my life..for marriage, family, career...ect. Ahhh what wondrous blessings!